Monday, April 19, 2010

Missing a few days of training, is ok, and can actually benefit the body allowing good recovery, especially after an ultra marathon.

However, tto much rest can make a runner lazy. Add a seven day week and you have the ingredients to lose sight of your carefully laid out training plans.

I have taken two weeks off since my Ultra in Cape Town (the two oceans 56 km). I have only run 1 =5kay and walked a 5 kay since the big battle to counquer the Terrible Two Oceans. I have steadied ny resolve to train and formulated a plan to recover the lost Kilometers. The next week sees the Chatsworth 25 on Sunday which I plan to run albeit slowly, its a race where on can pick up injuries as the decline on Higonsons is deceptively easy but taxing on the knees.

No need to pick up injuries here............lets just cruize this one and save myself for the following weekend, where I plan to run 3 back to back 1o kays with a leisurely 20 kay run on Freedom Day. After that I will make a Madiba Cake to celebrate our liberation and emancipation fron the dearth that was apartheid.........
and have no guilt about eating it.

No comments:

Post a Comment