Monday, April 12, 2010

Greytown visit

I am glad I visited my sister in Greytown this weekend. I had felt some nostalgia driving there, as this was my home for more than ten years, and while the drive there was beautiful, as we approached the town it began to rain....... but once I arrived there and met my sister, I truly began to miss the city life. We drove to the Wimpy, but there was not much to do after we had caught up on the weeks news and had satiated our appetites. Being so cold, we ate far more than we should have.

I visited some of my erstwhile best frieds, and spent some cherished moments there, and retired back to the flat to watch the kids play with the WII.

If it had not been for the delicious braai, Zaheer made on the balcony, we all would have been forced to go to bed early to avoid catching our death of cold.

I cannot believe I lived in the one street town, for so many years. Neither can I imagine going back there to live on a more permanent basis, even though the place holds some fond memories of a happy time when my young family was still finding its path through to our present lives.

Coming back to Durban I witnessed a horrific accident that must have occurred a few minutes before. A BMW and a double cab had crashed and wer lying between the two lanes of the N2. Traffic had come to a slow crawl on both sides making it very dangerous for the many pedestrians and cars since there was no traffic police on the scene. The steam was still rising out of the radiator of the vehicle that had overturned. It was sobering and people were driving a lot slower with more care after they had passed the scene.

I was just thankful to be safely at home with my daughter, especially after seeing the accident.

No comments:

Post a Comment